Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Traditions....

As the Christmas season is approaching, I'm getting into "new wife" mode and I want to decorate our apartment! I also want to bake and create the atmosphere of the holidays, but I don't want to step on my new husbands toes with stuff that "I" like and he might not like...

SO, if anyone has any advice for the newlyweds on how to create our own NEW traditions, we gladly accept.

That was the thing I was most looking forward to in marriage. Ryan is my family now, not that I'm abandoning my "old" family or anything, but we get to choose our new traditions, and how we want to celebrate holidays and special occassions, and with whom we celebrate. That is beautiful, and I want our first holiday season as husband and wife to be just as beautiful....

2 comments:

  1. This post made me remember back 10 years to our first Christmas. Growing up we always spent Christmas with my dad's family. So I only had crazy Mexican traditions that involved wearing wings, drinking a lot and fireworks. So, Dean and I just made it up along the way. Together you will discover with time what you like. Just the same with everything in marriage, communicate and it will all work out. Love you Em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks! I'm excited to make our own traditions and rules!

    ReplyDelete