Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

uh oh....

Who has two thumbs and shin splints? This Girl. Sucky.

But luckily, I'm now equiped with shoes you are actually supposed to train for a half marathon in. Who'd thunk?! The know-it-all dude at the store told me I should skip a training day and rest or I would continue injuring my leg, but I really want to run today. (Never in a million years would I think I would say that...)


Here are my super pretty new running shoes. Can't wait to get out there and see how having good shoes helps! And, I think I'm getting brave enough to post a before picture. I'm starting to see small results here and there, but I feel it big time, which is the amazing part. A week and a half ago I was not able to run a full mile without stopping to walk, and on Tuesday we ran 2.5 miles, and the only reason I stopped was because of the pain of shin splints. To see such a drastic change in such a short time really motivates me. Now if I could just lose my gut in such a short time it would be gravy. Guess I'll put a little more work in...



No comments:

Post a Comment