Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

Weekend Update + A Hard Week

School starts today....again. This is (hopefully) the last semester of my life, just finishing up some loose ends so I can finally graduate. The classes I'm enrolled in are online, and I've never done that before so we'll see how this goes.

This weekend started off with my cousin's baby shower. It was so adorable and creative, and I can't wait for her to have her little son! Plus I got to see some old friends from high school, so it was great to catch up. Then Ryan and I had a lazy day and date night, which ended in blankets sprawled out on the living room floor and a late night netflix. That's the perfect date night if you ask me!

Sunday, we had lunch with Ryan's parents, which was great because we hadn't seen them since....Tahoe? Can't remember... But it was great. Then family night at my brother's playing with the kids and a surprised visit from my cousins on their way to Yosemite. It was so great to catch up with my cousin Katie. With her and her husband living in Utah, we hardly see each other, so it was so nice to be able to sit and talk with her (until 1:00 a.m.) like we used to do.

This coming week I will be remembering my dad. It was been four years this week since he died, but sometimes it feels like yesterday. I try to remember the good things, and the stories, but sometimes I get so frustrated and angry thinking about the things I am missing out on not having my dad here anymore. I try to keep his memory alive though, and I will honor him this week but remembering those great things and how blessed I am to have had a father like him.

Don't mind my brother's weird face, but this is my fam 5 years ago

No comments:

Post a Comment