Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Day 3: Navy


Today, I realized I don't have hardly any navy items in my closet {travesty, I know!}. I tend to buy all of my clothes in a certain color scheme {which I've been trying to change lately} so I only had one navy item, but it just so happens to be one of my favorite jackets I've ever owned.
 
 Jacket: Target, Top: TJ Maxx, Jeans, Forever21, Flats: Cathy Jean, Necklace: Anthropologie
 Top knot and my favorite necklace
 
 
Since it's starting to cool down I've been in the mood to cook. Last night was taco soup and corn bread muffin night! I made taco soup using ground turkey {much healthier} and husband was none the wiser. It's the easiest soup.
 
1 lb Ground Turkey
1/2 Onion, diced
1 packet Taco Seasoning
1 can Black Beans {rinsed}
1 can Kidney Beans {rinsed}
1 can diced Tomatoes
1 Cup frozen Corn
Grated Cheese
 
Brown your meat with the onions and the taco seasoning. Then literally dump everything into a sauce pan over medium heat until warm and serve over frito chips or corn bread muffins {or both if you have a problem with carbs like me.}
 
Have a Happy Hump Day! 


post signature



5 comments:

  1. Love that jacket!! Cute necklace, too

    Xo, Rachel
    http://www.glitzyblues.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That soup seriously does look easy. And I would totally eat both Chips and Corn Bread also, Im all about the Carbs :)
    http://www.randomthoughtsandfeelings1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute blazer!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm surprised I haven't come across this challenge yet. Good thing you managed to find yourself something navy to rock. (: Good luck on the rest of the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey girl, just found your blog and I love it! You are beautiful! xx.
    Megan

    www.forallthingslovelymr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete