Pages

Monday, November 26, 2012

Liebster!

 As a blogger, I've seen this "Liebster" thingy around quite a bit, so imagine my excitement to get nominated for one! Darling Sarah over at Random Thoughts and Feelings has nominated me! What a doll. So here it goes!


Here are the rules:

If you receive this award, there are a few rules that you must follow...


·         Each blogger nominated must post 11 things about themselves.


·         They must then answer the 11 questions the tagger has asked.


·         Blogger then creates 11 questions of their own to ask the bloggers they decide to nominate.


·         They must choose bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate and link them on their blog post.


·         Finally, the bloggers must be notified of their award!


·         Oh, and there are no tag backs.




11 Things about Me!

1.  I am one of eight {yeah, 8!} children. My dad actually used to introduce us by our sequential number {ex. This is Emily, she's number 5}

2. I have been singing since I could make sounds with my mouth. My sister's friends used to call her and ask me to sing for them over the phone. No shame.

3. I have been playing the piano for nearly 20 years. Music is in my genes, people. We're pretty much the Van Trapp Family Singers over here.

4. I have never had braces, but I want them dearly. Yes, I know they're awful. I want glasses too, which is why I wear a fake pair sometimes. My brother calls them my vanity glasses.

5. I have never been pulled over for speeding. Don't get me wrong, I speed all the time (is there another way to drive but fast?) I've just never gotten caught. 

6. I love driving. On every car trip, I drive while everyone else is asleep. It's comforting, and also a little bit of a control-freak thing. 

7. I am a paralegal, but I'm currently not working in the field of law. I'll get back to it some day. 

8. I'm not a fan of chocolate. I mean, every once in a while I'll have it, but never plain and I'll take something fruity over chocolatey any day.

9. I love clothes. {Shocking, I know} I love how clothes can transform how a person sees you. Clothes and styling can change a first impression. Clothes, and how we style them, speak to people before we do, and I love it. 

10. I desperately want to be a mom. I know my time is coming soon, but I want it more than anything, and I can't wait until that day. It will be awesome. Awesome, I tell you! 

11. I hate talking about "me" so this post has taken me 5 days to finish. I would much rather learn all I can about someone else! 



11 Questions from Sarah

1. What do you like best about blogging?  I love reading about other people, and getting to know people through their stories. Plus I get great fashion advice for free!

2. If you could meet one famous person, who would it be? Shoot, this is hard. Probably a musician. Does a band count as one famous person? Yeah, it does. I would meet the Shins. my favorite band of all time. 

3.  Hot weather or Cold?  I love cold weather because I love bundling up. I love scarves and boots, and hot tea, and the rain.

4. Are you a "fly by the seat my pants kinda gal" or do you "plan" everything? Oh, I'm a planner for sure! (see above for control freak reference #1). I am slightly OCD and I need to plan everything! I'm like a boy scout, always prepared. 

5. Any New Year Resolutions? I don't think this counts as a "resolution" but Hubs and I are trying to buy a house at the beginning of next year, so I resolve to be a home owner in 2013! No, that doesn't count. I resolve to start sewing again, and refashioning clothing!

6. What is your favorite accessory? My Michael Kors rose gold watch. It's my favey. 

7. What is your biggest pet peeve? People. Just people. I'm pretty judgy. 

8. Are you crafty? I generally am crafty. I like to craft, but I also have a severely low threshold for patience and those two don't often go together.

9. Are you superstitious? Yes, extremely (especially during baseball season). 

10. Are you a morning or night person? Night person. For realsies. I hate waking up, and I love watching TV all night. 

11. What is one gift/talent you wish you had? I wish I was more patient. And I want to play the violin. 


11 Questions for the Nominees 


1. What is your favorite fall/winter trend?
2. What made you start blogging?
3. What kind of camera do you use?
4. Dogs or Cats?
5. What is your workout routine like?
6. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
7. Do you have any New Year's Resolutions (or ideas)?
8. How do you take your coffee? Or tea?
9. Do you have any other hobbies or passions other than blogging?
10. Favorite book/movie/band?
11. What's your favorite rainy-day-stuck-inside activity?


Thanks again to Sarah, who nominated me! So awesome. Here are my nominees!

1.  Little Miss Fearless
2. McKenna Bleu
3. Brittany's Notebook
4. Run Style Run
5. Young and Naive


post signature







Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the award! That's very exciting!

    www.daisyraeboutique.com
    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you should feel totally special, I was just about to nominate you again!

    PS, I totally am diggin your new hair. It looks amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! The piano...seriously?! I'm jealous, 1st your hair, now your talent ....lol..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the sweetest person on the planet! The piano is pretty simple. I'll teach you!

      Delete
  4. You are my hero for refashioning clothes. I've never really liked to sew, but it's such a great skill to have! I loved your lists; sometimes people can't think of creative/interesting things about themselves to tell other people, but yours was really fun!

    Jane
    harleyandjane.com

    ReplyDelete